Jan 7, 2010

I thought this was a Photography class?

So I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to do with school. I am just going to keep going to herzing, but I can take some photography classes as my electives. I did not even realize I had electives until I went and talked to our Guidance counselor. I was confused as to what I should do so I decided to go talk to Robbin about what I was thinking. She told me that every student goes through these kinds of feelings. My mom told me that too but I guess I kind of wanted to hear it from someone else. lol
Any I went to talk to the Bursar who is in charge of our schedules and she told me that The class I was in, Project management, is an elective. I was mad because I would have never taken that class as one of my electives. The Bursar then told me that to drop the class I would have to pay for the full term even tho I went one day. I asked her how I could get out of it and she then proceeded to tell me that if I could convince the President of our school to override it then I would be OK. That is exactly what I did, I told him that it was not fair that they scheduled me for a class without telling me it was an elective. He agreed and he waived the fee for me.
So now my whole schedule is re-arranged. I no longer have that dumb project management class and I get to take a Photography Class. I am so excited that I get to take it! I was looking forward to start class that I woke up early, which I never do, and I got all ready for school and I even left thirty minutes early so I could get a good seat. I make it to class and 8:30 rolls around and my teacher is nowhere to be seen. I figured he was running late because he was a new teacher. 8:45 comes and goes and by now I'm thinking he is just late because of all the snow we had that morning. When the clock gets to about 9:00 I think maybe I'm in the wrong class, and as I go to get up to find out there walks in Mr. "Talks'a alot about boring stuff" with a look like he had been hurrying up all morning. He then tells us that we are going to wait a few more minutes to see if more students show up. I personally think it was just so he could get settled in, but hey that's just my opinion. After he gets settled in he finally decides to start class. You know what he did for the hour that he was teaching? He read to us about copyrighting and plagiarism. The whole time he was reading I was thinking "We already know this and why you waisting my time." then he proceeds to tell us all about his life and how he likes rock climbing and some other useless stuff about it then he tells us about his dad and some other UN-important stuff. then he proceeds to show us some blurry, I mean BLURRY, pictures of rock climbers. and then he shows us some camera equipment that I'm WELL aware of, once he was done showing us all of this he decides that class is going to be over and he ended the day about 2 hours before class was supposed to end. Oh here is the best part of it all. When he walked into class late and he started reading the syllabus he had something in there about not being late and he said that we should not be late and the weather is not an excuse. Um hello you were 30 minutes late this morning, so how can you expect me to honor that? any ways I am still looking very forward to this class. Its going to be amazing taking pictures and learning all sorts of stuff about photography. I will say that I have to give Mr. "Talks'a alot about boring stuff" some props. One for getting up in front of a new class at a new school to teach to a bunch of students he has never met and another for bringing in his awesome old fashioned Canon Camera. It was really cool seeing that!
Phew that was a lot.
I am currently at work and it is absolutely DEAD out. Its been snowing since this morning and the roads are horrible out. I drive a little cavalier and its good in snow but still it does slip and slide around. I was going about 40 mph on the freeway and when it came time to exit I had to come to a complete stop because the exit ramp was not plowed.

I used to think I would not enjoy writing but lately I have been feeling like writing. It's just a lot of fun being able to write out what I'm thinking and what Is going on in my life. I actually am looking forward to write in here again. I was looking at the news and her is an article about falling Iguanas. Yeah that's right falling Iguanas. Ha ha Read it and see why its funny.
http://www.justnews.com/news/22152242/detail.html

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...