Mar 18, 2010

Advice Please!

Where do I even start?
Today was a day from hell. I was running around at my work place doing everything while my coworker just sat there doing homework. There would be lines in the drive-up and people inside the lobby. It was so frustrating. I usually don't let stuff get to me but today was not the first time this has happened. It happens every time I work with this person. Besides this person being lazy I also got yelled at by a customer because I was too slow. Umm yes I know I was going slow, I had no help!
Its like I ran the show myself today. Yes every once in a while my co-worker would help me but it was not enough. A few times I had to let them know that their was a customer either in the lobby or in the drive-up. I don't know how to handle this situation, what should I do?
I don't want to go tell my manager because I don't want it to seem as if I am a complainer & as if I can't handle situations.
I don't know what to do tho, I literally dread working with this person. It adds so much stress to my work life. I love all my other co-workers, we get a long just fine! We do work equal and it is actually fun to work with them.
Any advice as to what I shall do would be greatly appreciated!




jhon Lebaron,jhon898

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

very tricky... if you work with several others on the shift than he has no way of knowing you complained. Maybe an anonymou note? Maybe calmly confront the guy? Request not to work on the same shift? Hmmm tough, I hope it improves for you

Elyssa said...

I'm no expert on these kind of things but I'd try maybe telling him how you feel! That sounds really corny but it might work!

Desertson said...

Work extra hard and act like your're the running the whole show and hopefully your manager will see this and promote you, then you can fire that lazy butt yourself!

Joe Cap said...

If the person you work with is a slacker, and management does not already catch on to that, then there is nothing you can do.

Bendigo said...

direct and too the point...Tell the co-worker you aren't covering for them anymore...Doesn't mean you have to be mean and nasty, but you gotta let them know that you are BOTH getting paid to do the job. You might not make a friend, but you might gain a co-worker..good luck

Jhon said...

I got it figured out...
Next day I went into work and my manager knew something was up so we figured it all out!
Thanks for the advice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...