Feb 22, 2010

The Power of Music ♫ ♪


I think it's so important to watch what we allow ourselves to listen to. That is because we let those ideas that are being said in the music into our heads and pretty soon when we don’t even notice them. The first time you hear a swear word in a song you are like "What" and then if you continue to listen to it time after time that swear word is just going to become another word. I myself have been listening really closely to the lyrics on songs and seeing if they appropriate. I know that I have already re-programmed a station in my car! The power of music kind of hit me when I noticed my sister was listening to some, not so nice, songs and I realized that I needed to set a better example for her. After that I kept telling everybody in my family how it really affects a person and they all agreed with me.




There is my rant for the week. Lol

Lately I have been keeping really busy with work & school. It's insane, I currently have no life. I'm working an average of 30 hours a week plus full time in school. On top of that I have homework and stuff to do around my house. I can't wait to be able to take a weekend off and go to Minnesota to visit my Best Friend. The last time I saw her was at my Grandmas funeral; on a side note it's still hard to imagine that she is gone. I sometimes catch myself thinking of how I want to go by Cancun, where she lives, and visit her. Then reality hits me and I realize she is really gone. I’m trying my hardest to keep strong. Back to my busy life though, I feel like I have NO time at all to hang out with friends. My summer vacation is a little over 2 weeks and I hopefully will be spending that time in Mexico visiting my dad. I know spring is in the rise because a lot of snow has melted, even though it snowed yesterday, and you can finally see grass!



jhon Lebaron,jhon898

5 comments:

Joe Cap said...

I agree how the swear words seem to lose their meaning after a few times, but maybe that is not a bad thing.
I know what it is like to be working too hard, in the summer of 1983 I once worked about 3 months straight without a single day off. But boy, when my first day off came, it was like heaven!

Jhon said...

Yes Today I finally had a day off :)
Im looking forward to the summer when I go visit my dad!

Jhon said...

Yes Today I finally had a day off :)
Im looking forward to the summer when I go visit my dad!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you should tell someone else what to do just because you don't think it's a "good thing"ESPECIALLY when it comes to music, because one of music's importance is freeing you from everything. The only way that music could really change a person is if that person is incredibly weak (which I'm sure your sister isn't because she's probably not 5 years old).

But, hey, do whatever of course, just keep it in perspective.

Jhon said...

Thanks for the response!
I get what your saying but I'm not telling anybody what to do. It was just my opinions on music.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...